The average cost of digging a fence posthole in the US is $100 a hole. The cost of a 180-200 CFM shop vacuum with 2-1/2″ hose is typically about $200-$250
Questions to ask when buying a digger.
- What diameter hole?
- Maximum depth?
- How many holes?
- What’s your budget?
- Do you have a Shop Vac with 2-1/2” hose?
The Core Digger Head
The Core Digger cutting blade provides teeth that can be easily sharpened with a file. All parts are replaceable. Available in sizes 4 inch, 5 inch and 6 inch.
The Core Digger Assembly
The high quality steel Core Digger is light-weight easy to assemble with only three parts, the handle assembly, the digger head (12" long) and upper vacuum extension tube. When disassembled the unit fits into a small space.
Using the Core Digger
The Core Digger is easy to use. Turn on the vacuum and rotate the digger back and forth. The vacuum suction helps pull the Core Digger into the ground. Switch from vacuum to blower to extract the plug from the digger.
How the Core Digger Works
- The Holey-Moley Core Digger is a vacuum assisted, manually operated hole-boring tool.
- It operates in loose to hard packed soils.
- This tool works well in soils dry to damp, with gravel, small rocks and in hardpan.
- Hard packed clay soils, loose soils and soils with up to 50% moisture are easy to penetrate.
- Tree roots can be cut with this digger.
- This Core Digger is easy to operate with only easy back-and-forth rotational movement. Soil plugs up to 15 lbs can be pulled in one operation.
- Your shop vacuum does the hard work. The vacuum removes the core cuttings from the hole while digging, and holds the soil plug in the digger for extraction. Then, reverse from vacuum to blower to extract the plug from the digger.
- The vacuum also works well for cleaning up the bottom of the hole when digging is complete.
Benefits of Using The Holey-Moley Digger
- Light Weight – weighs approximately 10 pounds and is easy to handle and move around. Compared to gas engine augers this digger is lightweight and easy to work with.
- Fast – with a 180-200 CFM shop vacuum with 2-1/2 inch hose, this digger has a pull down force of up to 60 pounds. Plugs up to 12 inches can be pulled in one operation.
- Easy on the back – Easy back and forth rotation that is easy on the back, no lifting or jarring movements while digging. The only lifting is to pull the plug out of the ground.
- Deep Straight Uniform Holes – Straight and uniform holes to 54” deep are standard, extension are available. No mess, the dirt is in the shop vacuum.